Sudanese National Academy of Science (SNAS)
The Sudanese National Academy of Sciences is a non-governmental organization. Its headquarters are temporarily located at the University of Khartoum. The main objectives of the Academy are as follows:
- raise the standard of and further develop theoretical and applied research in Sudan;
- act as consultant and render advice to the Government and the private sector in the areas of science, education, technology and scientific research;
- help in the dissemination of knowledge;
- raise community awareness of the importance of science and technology for economic and social development;
- collaborate with similar institutions in the developed and developing countries;
- offer scholarships, incentives and prizes in the area of scientific research.